Saturday 8 February 2014

January 29th - Shooting Frank's Single Camera Space Sketch


So this was the day I got to finally collaborate on something of Frank's for a change. Even if he wasn't too thrilled to make it but I reckon it turned out okay in my humble opinion. Anyways, the previous night I briefly discussed with him his thoughts on 'Eraserhead' (1977) and eventually somehow he asked me if I was willing to play a satellite in his sketch. At the time I had a surge in creative zeal. This allowed me to have some more enthusiasm to this *groan* college project.

When I arrived the following day at college, Frank's single camera team were having a production meeting while me and the others were being taught how to use the cameras, a highly unnecessary lessons because of how simply those cameras are and the fact that I already had prior knowledge that I was to be cast as a Satellite. (Frank's sketch featured several celestial bodies talking to one another about the advent of satellite TV, this was kinda the point of what we were supposed to make for college.) We soon headed over to the studio and after some deliberation because Frank misinterpreted our lecturer's (whom I will refer to as Jesus) plans for the scheduling, we began filming without one of Frank's friends who was originally to play the earth as he ended up contacting her too late. Soon after though, he found someone to play the earth. Being the only male celestial body it seems I was quite the pimp satellite ...ha...ha...ha. I'll shut up. Frank then realized during the make-up sessions that he had make-up for everyone except me. As such he improvised and I had a range of different colours on my face which seemed to make me look like a zombie. I was even described as looking bruised up at one point. 

Satellite Selfie xD

Despite the fact that we both only had about several sentences, my dialogue with the moon seemed to go on forever. However, this may just be an exaggeration. I reckon the whole thing turned out pretty fine as long as the chroma key goes well so that we're edited into space. As the shoot finally came to a close, there came a need for a narrator and as I performed my Tommy Wiseau impression, for some reason they chose me. Although they requested more of a German accent, which I am incapable of with my natural yet inexplicable American accent. So that was a wrap! I then headed over to the Bath College toilets (something which I had not done before and probably will not do ever again - public toilets suck and plus these were really small) I evidently have no skill in washing my face as my fingers proceeded to ram across my face ending up jamming my nose and making me bleed. Stupid Moskow.

My fingers at the time.

So after both me and Frank appeared as extras in another dude's section of the TV sketch afterwards, it was the end of the shoot. This meant that the following week would be time for the Multicam crew i.e. Me. John Yogi Bear would finally have his day...

No comments:

Post a Comment