Sunday 2 February 2014

The Adventures of Shortlad


Here it is! Season One now completely online! well minus the Season Two teaser. But here it is, the very first batch of my longest running creative endeavor and probably my most well received. Originally started as something to stave off boredom in English and Maths lessons it eventually grew into a whole franchise. I noticed one of my friends Alex Dixey (Alovision on YouTube) was writing a doodle-comic-strip called Kettleboy. His original strips were very Spongebob-esque, very episodic and very small scale problems. I was inspired by these however soon after I realized I could craft an epic out of this format. Hence, why Shortlad soon became an Interdimensional hero.

I also quickly saw the opportunity for a crossover between our two allowing me to use a Kettleboy from an alternate universe in this story line first appearing in Episode XI. The villains in this season had also previously first appeared in a movie I had made - 'Zoido: Destroyer of Worlds' this is why the bio-weapon that Frogzoid is trying to create is called Zoido Mark II. I will upload this movie once I find a way to regain that footage. Fun-fact: In the movie Frogzoid was originally a Burger King or McDonalds toy used to promote the 2006 movie 'Flushed Away'. Also the first two issues have been redrawn from their original versions.

Episodes:



No comments:

Post a Comment